Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Outside event #3 Noise Bridge

"Noise Bridge is a hacker space in the same spirit as the European clubs like Metalab of Vienna, CBase of Berlin, MAMA of Zagreb, ASCII of Amsterdam. Many other clubs of a similar stripe can be found on Hacklabs. It would not be out of the question to consider Noise Bridge to be a possible San Francisco Chaostreff. Noise Bridge is a hacker space that shares a Dorkbot-like ethic and indeed many of the members of Noise Bridge are long time Dorkbotters.
Noise Bridge is a space for sharing, creation, collaboration, research, development, mentoring and of course learning.
The group as whole has an interest in programming, hardware hacking, chemistry, mathematics, photography, security, robotics, all kinds of art and of course technology.
It is a place for mentoring and asking questions."-(http://www.arcanology.com/2008/01/15/new-bay-area-hacking-space-forming-now/)

So I got invited to this by one of the founding members and saw a really nice space filled with hackers that seemed very organized. I felt like I was in a lab filled with mad scientist. It was one of their first meetings in a new space so it was more of a meet and greet than anything but I brought some bits of technology with me to see if I could learn anything about how to get it to work. I was informed that there was going to be a soldering workshop in the future that would help me wire together some of the different elements I already have like leds and solar panels. I was very inspired by the group that was there and look forward to attending more of their events and getting more involved.

No comments: