Thursday, December 4, 2008

Outside event #2 SF Decompression

So I moved to San Francisco which is the original home of the Burning Man festival and a little while after the actual festival was over the local burners put on a great event called decompression. I went in search of the most interesting and cutting edge art and entertainment and found a few interesting things. The S.W.A.R.M. project was there with their robotic orbs and the Flaming Lotus Girls brought out a piece of their giant fire installation, Mutopia. These were great but I had already seen them so I wasn't surprised. Then I went into the twenty one and up area and found what I was looking for, The Wheel of Mashup. The video below is a great demonstration and provides more information than was given at the event but it was also the first time it was shown in public. It was a very interesting looking set up and the crowd seemed to be thoroughly entertained.

No comments: