Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Outside event #1 SF micro controllers meeting @ Carl Pisaturo's studio

I had met Carl during a dork bot meeting in mid September where we discussed robots being used in performance and he gave me his business card. A couple weeks later I gave him a call to see if there was anything I could help him with and he said the SF micro controllers meeting was going to take place that night. I rushed over and was not disappointed. A few people had brought in some very light weight robot legs they were working on. One guy had hacked into a simple lcd screen to get it to display pixilated alien invaders. Another guy had built a battery powered lamborguini. Two of my favorite things that I saw were the TV be gone which uses infrared to turn off TV's and motion activated leds using infrared. That night I met a couple mad scientists charters, one of which ended up inviting me to my next outside event.

No comments: